1. Get a simple sponge. However, do not get a kitchen sponge, but get one of those big ones used for bathing or showering because kitchen sponges are not big enough to wash your bambino or sphynx properly.You can buy a bathing or showering sponge at Family Dollar or Big Lots.
2. Get some cotton balls for cleaning sensitive areas like behind the ears or under the eyes, and a few towels for drying off and putting at the bottom of where your cat will be bathed.In addition, If you want to clean the inside of your bambino or sphynx’s ears, get a package of Q-Tips, too.However I do not recommend touching the insides of the ears because of the extreme, natural sensitivity of their ears, but if it must be done, do not go in too far. Going in too far can create damage in the ears. This can cause hearing problems.
3. Put a clean towel at the bottom of your kitchen sink and fill it halfway with warm water or fill it up to the top but don’t use all of it because too much water will scare the cats.In addition, don’t worry about the towel floating to the top. The bambino or sphynx’s weight will keep it in place.
4. Put a small amount of the cat shampoo in the water and mix until it is sudsy.
5. Gently place the bambino or sphynx into the sink,while slowly petting her/him so they don’t freak out. Put some of the shampoo into a cup and mix it with water. This makes it easier to wash off and dilutes it a bit. You don’t want it too strong!
6. Wet the sponge and pour the mixture onto it while holding the cat with the other hand.
7. Lather it onto your bambino or sphynx very gently and smoothly.Also make sure you wash everywhere except the head and the ears. Behind the ears is okay, but getting water on the head could create water in the eyes or increases the risk of having shampoo go into their eyes. That will not only be painful for your bambino or sphynx, but damaging.
8. Wet a cotton ball with clean water, and clean behind the ears, under and in the corners of the eyes, and by the nose.This will help a lot in my opinion!
9. Drain your sink, or if your sink has two compartments, put sudsy water in one part and clean water in the other. If not, hold your bambino or sphynx while it drains and put clean water in the sink once the sudsy water is gone.
10. Rinse all the soap off the bambino or sphynx cat and make sure that there isn’t any soap on the cat.
11. Dry him/her with a soft, fluffy towel.Also make sure your bambino or sphynx is completely dry before putting the towel away.If the cat isn’t completely dry it can catch a cold.Which will not be very fun.