Here are the steps in order on how to properly bathe a sphynx cat:
- Finding your bathing products- First step is to choose a product that is meant for sphynx. Go to a local pet store and find a bathing product for sphynx. Get some cotton balls and also a simple sponge without a rough surface.
- Fill your sink with warm water- The second step is to put a towel at the bottom of your sink and then start filling up the sink with warm water, be careful the water isn’t too hot, because sphynx have sensitive skin. You also want to put a fair amount of the shampoo or bathing product you bought in the water.
- Mixing- The third step is to mix some of the bathing product and some water in a cup, take the sponge, wet it, then pour some of the mixture onto the sponge.
- Putting the cat in- The fourth step is to put you sphynx cat in the sink carefully. After start lathering the sponge on your cat gently.
- Cleaning the ears,etc- The fifth step is on how to clean your sphynx’s ears, nose and under the corners of the eyes. What you want to do is take a cotton ball, wet it. After this start rubbing the cotton ball behind the ears, under the eyes and below the nose.
- The ending- The last step to bathing your sphynx cat is to drain the water. After this rinse your sphynx to get rid of any soap on the cat. Lastly, dry your sphynx with a soft towel. It is suggested to completely dry your cat before putting the towel away.
There you have it, 6 easy steps to bathing your sphynx cat. Hope this helped you out a little.